Asian and Islander that is pacific( ladies business owners continue steadily to make sizable gains in the us. Based on the Center for Women’s company analysis’s “Asian and Pacific Islander Women-Owned Businesses in the usa, 2002: an undeniable fact Sheet, ” there is a 45% boost in how many companies Asian and Pacific Islander ladies possess between 1997 and 2002. An approximated 358,503 majority-owned, privately held businesses owned by Asian and Pacific Islander feamales in america had been also reported, accounting for $49.1 billion in product product sales, and using significantly more than 370,000 individuals.
Other styles in development among API women-owned organizations between 1997 and 2002 include:
- The amount of employees doing work for Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses when you look at the U.S. Increased by 18per cent, and product product sales rose by 29%.
- Around one-third (30%) of all of the minority women-owned organizations into the U.S. Are owned by Asian or islanders that are pacific.
- Asian and Islander that is pacific women-owned represent 6% of most privately-held, majority-owned women-owned companies in the usa. Asian and Pacific Islander females business owners additionally account fully for 10% associated with total work of women-owned organizations, and 9% of product sales.
- API ladies companies may also be almost certainly going to have workers than are also women-owned companies. Almost one-fourth (23%) of Asian and Pacific-Islander firms that are women-owned at minimum anyone aside from the dog owner, when compared with 16percent of women-owned firms general.
- Over one-third (36%) of most organizations owned by people of Asian US lineage are owned by females; Asian women-owned companies use 30% of this employees in Asian-owned organizations and generate 26% for the product sales.
- The 10 states using the number that is greatest of Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses (in line with the wide range of organizations, work and product product product sales) are: Ca, nyc, Texas, Florida, Hawaii, nj-new jersey, Virginia, Illinois, Washington and Georgia. These states additionally account fully for over 75% of the many API women-owned organizations in the U.S.
- At the time of 2002, the 10 states aided by the growth that is fastest within the range Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses had been: Maine; Tennessee; Montana; Oklahoma; Kentucky; western Virginia; Wyoming; Vermont; Alabama; Idaho.
- The solution sector (52%) is the reason over 1 / 2 of the companies API women very own. Around 15.2% have been in the retail trade, while an believed 10% come in Finance/Insurance/Real Estate, Transportation/Communications/Utilities, and Wholesale trades.
- The states where Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses comprise the share that is greatest of all of the women-owned organizations are: Hawaii (55%), Ca (14%), ny (11%), Virginia (9%), Nevada, nj-new jersey, Maryland and Washington (tied – 8%), and Texas, Georgia, Alaska therefore the District of Columbia (tied – 6%).
- Non-traditional companies carry on being areas using the best development prices for Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses. Businesses into the agriculture/forestry/fishing sector expanded by 70%, and people in transportation/communications/utilities increased by 56%.
*The U.S. Bureau regarding the Census separated Asian and islanders that are pacific United states Indian and Alaskan Natives within their “1997 Survey of Minority-Owned Business Enterprises. ” Both groups were combined into one category in previous surveys.
Ethnic teams contained in the Asian/Other U.S. Census Bureau data are: Chinese (28%), Asian Indian (18%), Korean (15%), Vietnamese (11%), Japanese (9.4%), Filipino (9.3%), Other Asian (8%), and Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (2%).
Quantity, Employment, product Sales anChange that is percent among Women Owned businesses by Industry: 1997 to 2002
|1997(1)||2002(2)||improvement in percent|
|Total United States|
|Number of Firms||247,966||358,503||44.8|
|Product Sales ($000)||38,100,700||49,068,703||20.0|
|Number of companies||1,878||2,858||70.3|
|Product Product Sales ($000)||133,715||259,107||93.8|
|amount of organizations||140||129||-8.2|
|product Sales ($000)||D||D||D|
|Number of companies||2,972||3,418||15.0|
|Product Product Sales ($000)||711,228||562,784||-20.9|
|Number of companies||6,240||6,774||8.6|
|Number of organizations||5,628||8,803||56.4|
|Product Product Sales ($000)||757,811||1,296,468||71.1|
|Number of companies||8,185||9,963||21.7|
|Product Sales ($000)||11,019,906||13,022,510||18.2|
|Number of Firms||48,089||54,370||13.1|
|Product Product Product Sales ($000)||9,318,712||11,504,824||23.5|
|wide range of businesses||18,757||17,171||-8.5|
|Product Sales ($000)||1,362,952||729,524||-46.5|
|amount of organizations||133,721||185,314||38.6|
|Product Sales ($000)||11,106,181||14,333,170||29.1|
Supply: nationwide Foundation for females companies, utilizing posted information by the U.S. Bureau associated with the Census.
States utilizing the Greatest range Asian and Pacific Islander Women businesses that are owned 1997 to 2002
|State||Number of companies||Employment||product product product Sales ($000)||Ranking by Number of Firms|
|New York||48,262||20,692||$ 3,287,276||2|
|nj-new jersey||13,994||31,845||$ 4,492,572||6|
|Illinois||11 sexsearch,557||18,829||$ 1,940,570||8|
Top States with all the Fastest development prices within the Number of Asian and Pacific Islander Women businesses that are owned 1997 to 2002