- Among to propagate is unfolding and laying out a blanket for the have a picnic.
- An example of to spread is the term disseminate, somebody putting on their own back again using their arms entirely prolonged.
- An example of to distributed is utilizing a blade to cover some toast with peanut butter.
- to get out so as to display more entirely available or extend in an attempt to cover more room occur or unfurl
- to place in present demonstrate
- to advance aside (the palms, arms, thighs, chicken wings, and so forth.)
- to distribute over a surface or region scatter disperse
- to deliver amid a group: to spread the wealth
- to distribute in the thin coating apply: to distributed butter on make
- to hide by smearing (with one thing): to distributed loaf of bread with jam
- to increase or extend in time: to spread obligations more than a two-yr time period
- to cause to become w >to propagate reports, an ailment, etc.
- to pay for, overlay, or outdoor patio (with some thing)
- setting (a stand) to get a meal
- to set (foodstuff) over a stand
- to drive aside or further aside
- to file entirely get into (on accurate documentation)
- to flatten out (a rivet, and many others.) by pounding
Origin of spread
Midsection British spreden from Previous Uk sprdan, similar to The german language spreiten from Indo-Western an unverified kind sprei-deborah-, to mix, strew from bottom an unverified variety (utes)p(h)er-, to strew, spray, burst open (of sprouts) from resource bottle of spray, sprawl, develop
- to supply themselves be prolonged or extended
- to get dispersed or distributed
- to be made extensively or even more well known, thought, existent, and many others. be disseminated, disseminated, or subtle
- to be pushed aside or a greater distance a part
- being for these regularity that it could be dispersed within a slender coating, as butter allow you to being smeared
- the action of spreading off shoot expansion diffusion
- the level to which something is spread or can be distributed
- the interval or among the very best and lowest figures of a collection, by the many an evaluation
- the gap among connected prices, rates, and many others., as that between your rates at which a brokerage purchases and sells explains to you of the inventory
- in bets, the volume of points in which an organization, esp. a basketball team, is required to wipe out its opponent
- an field extent stretch out compass
- two dealing with pages of the magazine, journal, etc., dealt with like a one ongoing sheet, like marketing
- printed issue set over a site, or around many columns, of a newspapers, newspaper, and many others.
- any smooth material, as play or margarine, used for distributing on bread or crackers
- a extending, at the time of a weight-gainer’s sides and waistline: middle-age group distributed
- Informal a lavish supper, especially. one particular with lots of foodstuff
- a rnch, or any significant farm or estate
distribute your self thin
distribute, spread·ing, propagates
To spread out with a bigger magnitude or m >a. To disperse more than a surface area within a layer: distributed varnish for the actions.
- To become lengthy or enlarged: The plantation career fields spread towards the horizon.
- To go around a place, be allocated, or be m > noun
Source of distributed
Center British spreden from Aged Uk -sprdan ( like tsprdan to spread out ) see sper- in Indo-Western european beginnings.
(next-person unique simple existing advances, found participle spreading, basic prior and prior participle distributed)
- To fully stretch, open up out (a fabric and so forth.) so that it far more totally handles a certain part of room. [from thirteenth d.] He propagate his newspapers on the table.
- To give (person rays, arms and legs etc.) to loosen up in different or other instructions. [from 13th chemical.] I spread my hands extensive and made welcome him house.
- To spread, to spread or deliver on the provided location. [from thirteenth d.] I distributed the almond grain evenly in the ground.
- (intransitive) To virally spreading in to for being more widely current, to get disseminated. [from thirteenth c.]
- To pay off to cause to virally spread in to, to make (something) well regarded or existing. [from 14 h.] The missionaries swiftly spread their new message in the united states.
- (intransitive) To take up a greater region or space to be expanded, be extended. [from fourteenth c.] I fallen my cup water spread speedily over the ceramic floor.
- To smear, to disperse in the slender covering. [from sixteenth d.] She enjoyed to distribute butter on her make as it was still hot.
- To hide (something) with a slender coating of some substance, at the time of butter. [from 16th d.] He always spreads his make with peanut butter and bananas quickly pull.
- To organize setting and furnish with provisions. to distributed a desk
- (intransitive, terminology) To open up a person’s legs. [from 20th h.]
- The action of distributing or something like that that’s been distribute.
- An expanse of terrain.
- A large region of terrain accustomed to raise animals a livestock farm.
- Some materials used being a protect (for instance a bedspread).
- A substantial dinner, specifically one particular presented with a desk.
- (breads, and many others.) Any kind of food designed to be distribute including butters or jellies
- Something within a magazine or newspaper that takes up several order or page.
- A numericaldifference.
- (organization, immediate and ongoing expenses) The difference relating to the wholesale and retail store rates.
- (buying and selling, overall costs, financial) The difference among the price of a futures trading 30 days and the buying price of an additional 30 days of the asset.
- (trading, finance) Ordering a futures commitment of 1 shipping calendar month contrary to the sale made of one other commodities shipping 30 days of the asset.
- (investing, financing) The purchase of 1 delivery month of just one asset from the sale made of these very same shipping month of the diverse product.
- (investing) An arbitrage financial transaction the exact same commodity in two areas, accomplished to benefit from money from value inacucuracy.
- (investing) The real difference in between highest taker and asking price.
- (fund) The difference between your costs of two comparable goods.
- (geometry) An unlimited area of discontinuouspoints.
From M >spreden, from Previous English sprdan (“to distributed, increase”), from Proto-Germanic 1 .spra >1 .(azines)per- (“to strew, your seeds, mix”). Cognate with Western Frisian spriede (“to distributed”), Upper Frisian spriedjen (“to distribute”), Nederlander spre >spreden (“to distribute”), In german spreiten (“to distribute, disseminate”), Norwegian spre >spreie (“to spread, disseminate”), Remedial sprida (“to distribute”).